Skymasters R/C of Michigan
General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: Scott Newman on January 13, 2021, 03:15:43 PM
-
First, is the Outdoor Field available for use during the winter? I thought we closed it up for the season last year, but of course there was the Frozen Fly In (?) event.
I've been flying foamie park flyers like the Mini Apprentice S and the Conscendo Evolution and have had some success at smaller parks near me, but the CE is very floaty and I have a hard time slipping off enough energy to get it down smoothly in the space available.
Does anyone have any favorite parks in the Lake Orion/Rochester Hills/Oakland area that are RC friendly for the winter months?
Thank you, all, especially Pete for getting my son and I set up to have success and fun in the hobby.
Scott Newman.
-
First, is the Outdoor Field available for use during the winter? I thought we closed it up for the season last year, but of course there was the Frozen Fly In (?) event.
...
Scott Newman.
The field doesn't 'close' for the winter... Just some of the pilots do! :)
The 'field closing party' as we've called it for many years is really just getting the field ready for winter - but it remains open year round.