Skymasters R/C of Michigan

Blogs => President's Blog => Topic started by: Bob Chapdelaine on April 12, 2015, 10:44:00 PM

Title: 45 YEARS - Congratulations Fr. Mike Green
Post by: Bob Chapdelaine on April 12, 2015, 10:44:00 PM
We are very fortunate as a club to have so many wonderful members. Often I think many of us would be amazed if we knew some of the backgrounds of the members of our club. Well, I am not sure many RC flying clubs can boast of having their very own Benedictine Monk and Priest as a member. Most of you may know "Mike" at the field as the very pleasant, happy, always with a smile and just all around great guy, Fr. Mike Green, O.S.B (order of St. Benedict). Fr. Mike is the prior of St. Benedict Monastery on east Drahner Road in Oxford and this past (Easter) Sunday he quietly, until today, celebrated 45 years of ordination to the (Catholic) Priesthood. Fr. Mike has been a monk for over 55 years and I am blessed to call him a friend. Fr. Mike is one of the most genuine, down to earth, easy to talk to and nicest guys I know. He is a true gentleman and good man. Several of our Skymasters (Ted L., Bryan S., Jim G., Gary W., Frank G. and others) were at the Monastery today after Mass to celebrate with him and the community of monks. It was a surprise party and he was really surprised.