Author Topic: Funeral Dir. Float Fly –Field Roll Party Birthday Party, Russians & Wow!  (Read 3413 times)

Offline Bob Chapdelaine

• Contributor
Ok, you’re not going to believe it… but our summer flying season is kicking off with a very busy week ahead if you choose to partake of any of these exciting activities…

Tomorrow morning at 8:30 a.m. is the weekly Saturday morning breakfast crew at Iris Café in Lake Orion. Join us!

Chet Brady Memorial Float Fly Sunday May 21, 10:00 – 2:00 p.m.

Sunday at Trout Lake, very near our flying field, on the east side M-24 just south of Greenshield Road is the main entrance to Bald Mountain Recreation Area. When you drive back in there to the beach area is beautiful Trout Lake and it’s all ours Sunday for the Annual Chet Brady Memorial Spring Float Fly. Chet Brady was a dynamic member of our club that I wish I had the honor of knowing. I understand he was naming events in memorial of himself while was alive. So, Sunday… 10:00 – 2:00 p.m. May 21st get yourself to this event and maybe you will win a prize. Come even if you’ve never float flown, flied, flowen… Lunch provided and its always a great event!

Rolling Party – Tuesday May 23 Beginning at 8:30 a.m. – Flying Shut Down!

Next up… back by POPULAR DEMAND… as of now scheduled for all day Tuesday May 23… VIBRATORY ROLLING OF OUR FLYING FIELD… FLYING WILL BE SHUT DOWN ALL DAY WHILE WE MAKE OUR RUNWAY FLAT. This is weather dependent and we need your help. Last year we had about five or six guys that took turns riding that dang roller for NINE hours and the second and third shift was WAY TOO SPARSE… So… please, if you’re able take some time and come out to the field and take some of the shifts riding the roller for short shifts to smooth out our runway and pit area of our field. Ted L. and I are picking up the equipment in Clarkston at 7:30 a.m. Tuesday morning and should be to the field by 8:30 a.m. ish, and will begin rolling right away… if you can come in the afternoon or after work that would be great. If we have more than enough help that would be a better problem than not enough! Thanks guys!

Field Opening Party Potluck – BC Memorial - Wednesday May 24, 6:00 p.m.

Then, as if that’s not enough to fill up our busy week before Memorial weekend, we have our annual, Field Opening Party Wednesday May 24th beginning at 6:00 p.m. with potluck dinner. We’re going to christen our new permanent bonfire pit and it will be an evening full of twilight night flying, family fun and whatever else we can do to celebrate our club, members and our families to have fun. I am also going to hijack this night in Chet Brady’s honor and I’m having the Bob C. memorial field opening party for my birthday since it is this same day! Sure, you can bring me presents and Flightline Hobby gift cards are appreciated or just cash or anything hobby related to finish my Avistar or any of my other projects. Or you can contribute to my President’s slush fund as I continue in my efforts to get impeached and blame the Russians…

Ok, like I said at the beginning… WOW, we have a lot going on. Wednesday May 31st begins our Student Nights – Potluck Wednesdays at 6:00 p.m. each week through the summer.

It has been great to see many of you at the field over the past few weeks and as the weather gets nicer I look forward to seeing those of you I haven’t seen since last summer or fall. Thanks to all the Skymasters and especially Vice President, John Billinger for making our Field Work Day happen and getting a lot of great projects done to make our field look great. We’ve got more to do, but all in time… it’s time to FLY!

Anyway, I apologize if my grammar, spelling or punctuation is flawed in this email, it’s been busy… take care. See you!

Bob Chapdelaine, President
Skymasters R/C Club of Michigan
231-675-8590 | 248-805-1404
president@skymasters.org | www.skymasters.org